Are you looking for a flexible packaging option that is both efficient and cost-effective?
If so, you should consider roll stock packaging.
This article will discuss the benefits of roll stock packaging and how to choose the right option for your business.
We will also provide tips for using rollstock film packaging and answer some common questions about this type of packaging.
What is Roll stock packaging meaning?
Roll stock packaging is a type of flexible packaging solution that uses laminated film to create bags, pouches, or wrappers. The flexible packaging films can be made from various materials, including plastic, paper, or foil. And the rollstock film is wrapped around a kraft paperboard core in most cases.
Form-fill-seal machinery (FFS) is typically used in conjunction with it.
This allows for the creation of sealed bags that are of a specific shape.
Various types of seals can be used to create an air-tight or tamper-proof seal.
The finished bags can protect contents from moisture, oxygen, light, and other environmental factors.
Types of Products That Can Be Packaged Using Roll Stock
As we mentioned before, roll stock packaging is very versatile and cost-effective.
And it can be used to package a wide range of products, some of which include food products such as chips, candy, snacks, etc., which provide a barrier against moisture and oxygen.
It can also be used for non-food items, such as cosmetics or small electronics.
Roll stock packaging is an efficient way to package large quantities of products quickly.
It can also be customized to meet the specific needs of the product being packaged.
Additionally, roll stock packaging is typically less expensive than other types of packaging, such as boxboard or glass.
As a result, it is an increasingly popular choice in the flexible packaging market for both businesses and consumers.
Bag styles that can be completed with roll stock
There are a number of different bag styles that can be completed with roll stock.
Each type of bag has its own unique benefits and can be better suited for certain types of products.
3 side seal pouches: Small serving applications call for three-sided seal pouches. These airtight bags provide outstanding oxygen and light resistance.
4 side seal pouches: Small and lightweight, 4-side seal pouches hold a reduced amount of product while still maintaining safety and security.
Pillow bags: With a back-center seal, top seal, and bottom seal, this packaging will keep your products safe using fewer films.
Triangle bags: The triangle bag is perfect for your on-the-go, single-serve needs like tea bags or coffee pouches.
It’s also ideal for little portions of items like sweets or other snacks.
As you can see, there are many different types of bag styles that can be completed with roll stock packaging.
By understanding the benefits of each type of bag, you can choose the best option for your product.
Why Choose Rollstock Packaging?
Roll stock packaging is an efficient and versatile option that can be customized to meet the needs of your product specification. Especially in the food packaging industry.
If you are looking for an option that will save you time and money, then roll stock packaging is the perfect choice for you.
Benefits of roll stock packaging
There are many benefits of roll stock packaging, which is why it is such a popular choice for businesses. Some of the benefits include:
- Low cost of production. Roll stock packaging is often more cost-effective than other types of packaging, such as pre-formed pouches.
- Less waste. Because roll stock packaging is cut to size, there is less waste than with other types of packaging.
- Versatility. Roll stock can be used to package a wide variety of products, including liquids, powders, solids, and even fragile items.
- Customizability. Roll stock allows for greater customization than other types of packaging, for example, you can print your company’s logo or slogan on the package.
The shortcoming of roll stock packaging
While there are some benefits to roll stock packaging, there are also some shortcomings associated with it.
- One downside to roll stock packaging is that it can be prone to problems when sealing. If the seal is not strong, then air and moisture can enter the package, which can cause the food to spoil.
- Roll stock packaging generally can’t hold large or heavy items.
- Limited bag forms of packaging can be used for pillow bags, stick packs, three-side seal bags, four-side seal bags, and gusset bags. However, for the preformed pouches, such as stand-up pouches, quad seal bags, etc., a preformed pouch packing machine makes it easier to travel.
- Additionally, this type of packaging typically needs to be placed in another container before it can be displayed on store shelves.
Despite these limitations, roll-stock packaging remains a popular option for many businesses because of its affordability and convenience.
When considering whether or not roll stock packaging is right for your product, be sure to weigh the pros and cons carefully to ensure that this type of packaging will meet your needs.
If you have any further questions about flexible product packaging solutions, feel free to contact us and we would be happy to chat with you about this topic further.
Working principle of rollstock packaging machine
A rollstock packaging machine performs a number of steps to turn a continuous roll of flexible packaging films into custom-shaped and -sized bags. Process overview:
- Unwinding: The rollstock packaging machine unwinds flexible film from a roll. Rollers and tensioners guide this material through the machine.
- Forming: From here, the film enters a forming tube assembly. As it crests the shoulder (collar) on the forming tube, it is folded around the tube so that the end result is a length of film with the two outer edges of the film overlapping each other.
- Filling: After packing, the product is placed in the cavities. Depending on the specific application, this filling process can be completed automatically using dispensing devices, such as volumetric fillers, auger fillers, electronic weigher, or piston fillers.
- Sealing: A set of heated horizontal sealing jaws come together now, employing heat and pressure to establish a hermetic seal around the product. making the top seal of one bag and the bottom seal of the following bag.
- Cutting and Separation: The final step in the process is cutting the individual packages from the continuous film. This can be achieved using various cutting techniques, such as die-cutting or rotary cutting.
Once the packages are separated, they are either automatically discharged from the machine or manually removed, ready for further processing, such as labeling, coding, or packing into cartons.
How to choose the right roll stock packaging
When it comes to rollstock packaging, there are a few things you need to take into consideration in order to choose the right one for your needs.
Such as the size and shape of your product, the intended use of the packaging, and the amount of protection you need.
With so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right roll stock packaging for your product.
- First, consider the size and shape of your product. Roll stock packaging is available in a variety of sizes and shapes, so you’ll need to make sure you choose a size that will accommodate your product. If you’re not sure what size you need, ask for samples from different manufacturers so you can see how your product will fit.
- Next, affordable packaging material. You need to decide what type of material you want to use. Paper, foil, and laminated film all have different properties that may make them better or worse for your particular product.
- Then, looking for an automated rollstock packaging machine that can perform flexible pouch packaging production. An ideal form-fill seal mac can provide both excellent sealing performance and high-speed production, resulting in greater ROI for your business.
- Finally, consider the amount of protection you need. Some products require more protection than others. If your product is delicate or heat-sensitive, for example, you’ll need to choose the roll stock film that can provide adequate protection. On the other hand, if your product is relatively durable, you may not need as much protection.
By considering these factors, you can narrow down your choices and choose the best Roll stock packaging for your product.
Xhteapack’s roll stock packaging solution for your products
If you’re looking for affordable, versatile, and customizable flexible packaging solutions, then roll stock packaging machine is the perfect choice for you.
Our form-fill-seal packaging machine offers a wide range of options, so you can find the perfect fit for your product.
With our automatic machinery, you can save time and money while protecting your product.
Contact us today to learn more about our roll stock packaging options.